There are many different reasons you may need to cancel a trip, so please be sure you are cancelling the trip for the correct reasoning. We monitor and analyze cancellations for trends and fraud, waste, and abuse, so it's important to select the right reason.
Below are definitions for each “Cancellation Reason”:
Member No Show (Note: For all Member No Show reasons, you are required to drive to the location, attempt to contact the member, and wait 5 minutes beyond the pickup time)
- Unable to contact member when I got on-site
- Used when you are unable to contact the member at their location and you have attempted to call and knock on their door.
- Member’s phone is not in service or voicemail box full
- Used when the phone number gives you an error message or goes straight to voicemail and you cannot contact the member.
- Couldn’t find the member’s location
- Used when you cannot find the member and you are at the member’s pick-up location.
- Member cancelled on-site
- Used when you arrive and the member tells you they’d like to cancel the trip.
- I contacted member before arriving on-site and they cancelled
- Used when the member cancels when you call them on your way to the pickup location.
- Member says they cancelled in advance
- Used when you contact the member and they tell you they’ve already cancelled the trip.
- Member believes they’ll miss appointment time
- Used when the member wants to cancel the trip because they don’t believe they’ll be able to make the appointment.
- Member got other transportation
- Used when you call or arrive and the member already found another transportation option.
- Member cancelled due to weather
- Used when the member doesn’t want to take the trip because of weather.
- Invalid address
- Used when the trip information is incorrect e.g. the house number is wrong.
- Member no longer lives here
- Used when you arrive and the member doesn’t live at the address anymore.
- Office location no longer here
- Used when the healthcare facility is no longer at the address.
- Pick-up time was too early
- Used when the pick-up time was too early and the member doesn’t want to take the trip.
- Member is deceased
- Used when the member has passed away.
- Address is missing apartment, door and/or building number
- Used when part of the address is missing and you were unable to find the member.
- Member has additional passengers that aren’t notated on the trip
- Used when the member is trying to bring additional passengers with them. Please note that you should advise the member to contact Veyo to rebook their trip.
- Member is too unwell to travel
- Used when the member does not feel well due to COVID-19 symptoms and wants to cancel their trip.
- Member refused to wear face mask and its mandated in my city
- Used when the member refuses to wear a face mask and their refusal goes against a city/state mandate that requires a mask. Please note: Abuse of this option is against Veyo’s policies.
- Member is traveling to a COVID-19 testing center
- Used when you pick up a member and they tell you they are going to a COVID-19 testing facility. Please note: Abuse of this option is against Veyo’s policies.
- Facility is closed
- Used when the facility location is closed for COVID-19 reasons.
Driver or Member Safety
- Accident or vehicle breakdown before pick-up
- Used when you have an accident or vehicle issue before you pick up the member and you won’t be able to pick the member up.
- Accident or vehicle breakdown after pick-up
- Used when you have an accident or vehicle issue after you pick up the member and the member is in your vehicle. Please note: You must call the Veyo Driver Support line to formally report the incident.
- Severe weather and unsafe road conditions
- Used only in the case of severe weather and road closures.
- Member was aggressive or threatening
- Used when you feel threatened or in danger. Please call the Veyo Driver Support line to formally report an incident with the member.
Issue with Member’s Equipment
- Member could not provide car seat for child
- Used if the member is trying to transport a child without a carseat. Please note: Transporting a child without a car seat may result in the suspension of your account.
- Member’s wheelchair won’t fit in the vehicle
- Used when a member’s wheelchair will not physically fit in the vehicle. Please advise the member to contact Veyo to rebook their trip.
- Member’s personal items won’t fit in the vehicle
- Used when the member’s personal items will not physically fit in the vehicle. Please advise the member to contact Veyo to rebook their trip.