We know that sometimes it can be frustrating to get a trip that is more than a few miles away from your current location. Gas prices are expensive, traffic can be tricky, and no one wants to drive for free.
So starting on Tuesday, December 1st, we're going to try out a new reward in Arizona and Connecticut: Distance Rewards.
Here's how it works:
- Arizona: If the pickup location for a trip is more than 4 miles away from your current location, you will receive $0.30 for each mile over 4 miles in Arizona.
- Connecticut: If the pickup location for a trip is more than 5 miles away from your current location, you will receive $0.50 for each mile over 5 miles in Connecticut.
A few examples:
- AZ: Kelly is offered a trip that is 10 miles away from her current location. Kelly will not be paid for the first 4 miles but will receive $0.30 per mile for the next 6 miles. Kelly will receive $1.80 for her drive to pick up the member.
- CT: John is offered a trip that is 5 miles away from his current location. John will not receive a distance reward since his pickup location is less than 5 miles away from his current location.
The fine print:
- Distance rewards are only eligible on the trip to pick up a member.
- Distance rewards may vary by market.
- Distance rewards are calculated based on the linear distance between your location and the pickup location.
- Distance rewards will be paid out with your weekly trip fares.
- We reserve the right to withhold or deduct rewards/payments from your account if we believe a reward/payment was made in error or if we believe fraudulent or illegal behavior was detected or the IDP was found to be in violation of the distance reward terms.
- Terms may be subject to change at any time.