We know that sometimes it can be frustrating to get a trip that is more than a few miles away from your current location. Gas prices are expensive, traffic can be tricky, and no one wants to drive for free.
So starting on Thursday, March 14th, we're going to try out a new reward in Arizona: Distance Rewards.
Here's how it works:
- If the pickup location for a trip is more than 4 miles away from your current location, you will receive $0.50 for each mile over 4 miles.
A few examples:
- Kelly is offered a trip that is 10 miles away from her current location. Kelly will not be paid for the first 4 miles, but will receive $0.50 per mile for the next 6 miles. Kelly will receive $3.00 for her drive to pickup the member. (The distance reward will be added to her trip fare or her convenience fee if the member is not there.)
- John is offered a trip that is 3 miles away from his current location. John will not receive a distance reward since his pickup location is less than 4 miles away from his current location.
The fine print:
- Distance rewards are only eligible on the trip to pick up a member.
- Distance rewards may vary by market.
- Distance rewards are calculated based on the linear distance between your location and the pickup location.
- Distance rewards may be combined with convenience fees if the member does not appear/cancels and the IDP follows trip protocol to attempt to pick up and contact the member.
- Distance rewards will be paid out with your weekly trip fares.
- We reserve the right to withhold or deduct rewards/payments from your account if we believe a reward/payment was made in error or if we believe fraudulent or illegal behavior was detected or the IDP was found to be in violation of the distance reward terms.
- Terms may be subject to change at any time.