If you drive to a pickup location and attempt to contact a member and you can't find the member (often called a no-show) or the member cancels their trip at the last minute after you have arrived on-site, you may be eligible for a Convenience Fee for that trip.
How do I earn the Convenience Fee?
You will need to follow the Veyo protocol for contacting the member and attempting to pick up the member. This means:
Contacting the member:
- You must attempt to call the member 3 times OR have 1 call with a duration of more than 20 seconds (i.e. you spoke with the member).
- OR if you text the member, you must text them 3 times OR have at least 1 text message from you to the member and 1 response from the member to you.
Attempting to pick up the member:
- Once you arrive at the pickup location you must make sure to tap "Tap When Arrived" on the trip screen to show that you went to the pick-up location (failure to do so will result in you not receiving the convenience fee).
If you arrive at the pickup location after the requested pickup time, you must wait 5 minutes before you cancel the trip (tap the info icon on a trip to view the pickup time for the trip).
- If you arrive at the pickup location before the requested pickup time, you must wait to cancel the trip until 5 minutes after the requested pickup time
- Jim accepts a trip and drives to the pickup location. The requested pickup time is 2pm. He arrives at the location at 1:55pm and attempts to call the member 3 times. The member does not pick up the phone. Jim waits until 2:05 (2:10 in Connecticut) and then cancels the trip as a member no-show. As long as Jim's weekly acceptance rate is above 80%, he will receive a convenience fee for the trip.
- Pam accepts a trip and attempts to call the member. She calls three times but doesn't talk to the member. She cancels the trip as a member no-show. Pam will not receive the convenience fee because she did not go to the pickup location. (Some members may have difficulty getting to the phone, so it's important that you go to the location.)
- Michael accepts a trip and drives to the pickup location. The requested pickup time is 9:30am. He texts the member and the member texts him back saying that he does not want to take the trip. Michael cancels the trip at 9:40am as a member cancellation. As long as Michael's weekly acceptance rate is above 80%, he will receive a convenience fee for the trip.
- Dwight accepts a trip and drives to the pickup location. The requested pickup time is 1:45pm. There is no phone number on the trip details. He waits at the pickup location until 1:50pm (1:55pm in Connecticut). As long as Dwight's weekly acceptance rate is above 90%, he will receive a convenience fee for the trip.
The Fine Print
- Convenience Fees can take up to 3 business days to be confirmed and processed. They will be paid out with your weekly payments.
- Convenience Fees may vary by market.
- You must average a weekly acceptance rate of 80% to be eligible for the convenience fee.
- You must confirm your arrival at the pickup location via the mobile app by tapping "arrived".
- We reserve the right to withhold or deduct rewards/payments from your account if we believe a reward/payment was made in error or if we believe fraudulent or illegal behavior was detected or the IDP was found to be in violation of the convenience fee terms.
- Terms may be subject to change at any time.