We’re rolling out a new type of trips that will take people to drive-thru COVID-19 vaccination stations and will allow the passenger to stay in the vehicle during the entire trip. These trips will be round-trips. This means you will be reimbursed for the drop rate for each leg, the mileage to and from the location, and the wait time during the appointment.
How these trips will appear in the app:
These trips will be sent using our Trip Groups feature, which allows us to send both legs of the trip together as one package. The member will stay in the vehicle the entire time.
Within the app, you will receive a Trip Group that has four tasks - two for pickup and two for drop-off. Here are the steps you should take to complete the trip:
1. When you receive a Trip Group offer, you can view details of the group by clicking 'View Details.' To accept the group, slide 'Accept Group.' If it's time to start the first trip, slide 'Start Group.'
2. If the trip group doesn't start until later, you can find the Trip Groups in the left hand menu. Just click on the three lines in the top left corner of the app and then click on 'Trip Groups.' You will then see a list of Trip Groups waiting for you. Select the group you'd like to start.
3. When you're ready to go, swipe “Start Group” to begin the first trip. Then swipe “Drive to pick up” to start navigating to the member’s address to pick up the member.
When you arrive at the member’s address, you will swipe “Arrived at pickup”. An instruction will let you know that this is a Vaccine Drive Through Trip. Check the box to acknowledge the instruction and then hit 'Submit.'
4. Once the passenger is in your vehicle, you will slide "Loaded Passenger".
5. When you arrive at the Covid vaccine drive-thru site, you will swipe “Dropped off passenger”, even though the member will remain in your vehicle as they wait for their turn to get their vaccine. This allows our system to stop calculating mileage and start calculating your wait time. Wait time compensation for drive-thru trips varies by region.
6. After the member receives their vaccine and you are cleared to exit the vaccine drive-thru site, you will swipe “Drive to pick up” and immediately swipe “Arrived at pick up” and "Loaded Passenger" right after that. This allows our system to stop calculating wait time and start calculating mileage. Remember: this is all happening when the member is still in your vehicle.
7. When the member arrives at their destination and exits your vehicle, you will swipe “Dropped off passenger”. You will then see a review of the Trip Group. Once you have reviewed the Trip Group, please click 'Submit.' That's it!
If you receive a one-way trip to a COVID-19 vaccination drive-thru location (the A-leg) that was not set up as a Trip Group, or if you arrive at a facility and you are informed that the member is there for a drive-thru COVID-19 vaccine trip, please call driver support immediately. They will work to have the return portion of the trip (the B-leg) assigned to you so that you are compensated for the round-trip and your wait time.
You will then follow the same process above to complete the drive-thru COVID-19 vaccine trip.
It is important not to drop off the member at the vaccination drive-thru location. If you are unable to complete the return portion (the B-leg) of the drive-thru trip, please contact Driver Support immediately so that they can help the member match with another driver.