The Texas independent driver program offers predetermined trip groups instead of an on-demand style of dispatching. This means you will receive trip group offers in advance (based on your availability) and you will have the option to either accept or decline the entire trip group.
What is a Guaranteed Rate?
A guaranteed rate is a predetermined earning based off the volume of trips offered in a trip group. Driving in and around the Houston metro area, the guaranteed rate ensures compensation for the majority of long distance trips as well as compensation for cancellations when they occur.
The quantity of trips* offered in the trip group determines the Guaranteed Rate you'll be earning:
- Drivers will also earn $1.00 per mile to the first pick up location in their assigned trip group.
- Example: You’ve accepted and completed a $60 trip group and had driven 15 unloaded miles (traveling without a passenger) from your home to the first pick up location. You will receive $15, on top of the $60 Guaranteed Rate, for a total of $75 in earnings for the day.
Additionally, the rate of $1.00 per loaded mile (traveling with a passenger) can be earned if you drive more miles than what your trip group Guaranteed Rate offers.
Example: You've accepted and completed a $100 trip group but had driven 125 loaded miles, therefore you will receive $25, on top of the $100 Guaranteed Rate, along with the $1.00 per mile from driving to your first pick up for the day.
*One trip is considered roundtrip service, meaning the transportation of the member to the facility and the return trip will be assigned to you. The Veyo Driver app will reflect each leg of the roundtrip as 2 separate trips.
There are times when a booked trip may no longer be necessary. Trips may be cancelled days in advance or even during the day of transport.
When an assigned trip is cancelled before the date of transport, the trip will no longer be listed on your trip group log when you begin your route. You would simply begin your earliest route in the order listed.
There are, however, times where the cancellation may occur on-site for various reasons. As long as the attempts to contact and wait for the member (per Veyo policy) occur, you will be responsible for marking the trip as a cancellation within the Veyo Driver app.
You will still earn the Guaranteed Rate that reflects the original quantity of trips offered.
- Examples of Cancellations
- You've accepted a trip group for tomorrow with a $100 guaranteed rate and the next day you find that 2 of the 8 trips cancelled. As long as you complete the rest of your scheduled trips, you still earn the $100 guaranteed rate.
- You’ve accepted a trip group with an $80 guaranteed rate but when you start your route and call the member, they do not answer. You still proceed to the destination (per Veyo policy) and attempt to call again once you’ve arrived. The member again does not answer. You wait at least 10 minutes then call one final time with still no response. You can now mark the trip as a “member no show”, which then cancels the trip.
- During your route, your trip group refreshes and now one of your Will Call trips has been marked as canceled. You can then skip that trip since it was cancelled by either the member or facility.
If you’re ever unsure of a trip’s status, do not hesitate to contact Driver Support for assistance. It’s important to never miss a pick up or drop off, even if you can’t get in contact with the member.