Canceling a Trip Due to COVID-19
The safety of our members and driver providers is always our top priority. If a member has a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and is using transportation for a non-urgent need, instead of transporting the member, please ask the member to call our “health plan hotline” at 1-858-905-5695 which will redirect them to a nurse’s line for immediate assistance. Please use the COVID-19 cancellation reason when you cancel the trip. These trips will be reported to the health plan to help them track the impact of the COVID-19 virus.
If the member is experiencing life-threatening symptoms and needs emergency assistance, please advise the member to call 911.
Please take the following personal precautions to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol. For more info on the best way to wash your hands, please visit the CDC’s website.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, including passenger door handles, storage compartments, overhead handles, cup holders, etc. after every trip.
- If available, offer hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to the member.
- Sanitize your car keys and cell phone after you stop driving for the day.
- Changing into a fresh pair of clothing and immediately washing your clothing in the washer after you stop driving for the day.
- Sanitizing your home's exterior and interior doorknobs, handles, etc. after you stop driving for the day.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your flexed elbow or a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer each time.
- Stay home if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Veyo currently has an optional masking policy for transportation providers. This means:
- Transportation providers will not be required to wear a mask on every trip but they must keep a mask in their vehicles when driving with Veyo.
- If a member requests that a driver wear a mask, transportation providers will be required to wear a mask while transporting the member.
Driver Support Numbers by Regions:
- Arizona/California: (855) 722-0228
- Connecticut/Wisconsin: (877) 771-5972
- Michigan/Virginia: (877) 986-7416
If you have any questions, please submit a support ticket.