The safety of our members and driver providers is always our top priority. If a member has a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19), is exhibiting flu-like symptoms, or has been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, and is using transportation for a non-urgent need, instead of transporting the member, please ask the member to call our “health plan hotline” at 1-858-905-5695 which will redirect them to a nurse’s line for immediate assistance.
If the member is experiencing life threatening symptoms, or needs emergency assistance, please advise the member to call 911.
Starting on Wednesday, March 18th, you will see a new cancellation reason called “COVID-19” in the Driver App when you cancel a trip. This reason should be used if a member canceled a trip because of the COVID-19 virus. These trips will be reported to the health plan to help them track the impact of the COVID-19 virus.
We encourage you to continue to take proper personal precautions to stay healthy, including:
- Washing your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol. For more info on the best way to wash your hands, please visit the CDC’s website.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with your flexed elbow or a tissue and then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces, including door handles and seat belts after every trip.
- If available, offering hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to the member.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Staying home if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.
Example of what you'll see in the Driver App: