Canceling a Trip Due to COVID-19
The safety of our members and driver providers is always our top priority. If a member has a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19), is exhibiting flu-like symptoms, or has been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, and is using transportation for a non-urgent need, instead of transporting the member, please ask the member to call our “health plan hotline” at 1-858-905-5695 which will redirect them to a nurse’s line for immediate assistance. Please use the COVID-19 cancellation reason when you cancel the trip. These trips will be reported to the health plan to help them track the impact of the COVID-19 virus.
If the member is experiencing life-threatening symptoms and needs emergency assistance, please advise the member to call 911.
Please take the following personal precautions to stay healthy:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol. For more info on the best way to wash your hands, please visit the CDC’s website.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, including passenger door handles, storage compartments, overhead handles, cup holders, etc. after every trip.
- If available, offer hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to the member.
- Sanitize your car keys and cell phone after you stop driving for the day.
- Changing into a fresh pair of clothing and immediately washing your clothing in the washer after you stop driving for the day.
- Sanitizing your home's exterior and interior doorknobs, handles, etc. after you stop driving for the day.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your flexed elbow or a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer each time.
- Stay home if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We've mandated that you wear a mask while driving and recommend wearing gloves. The regional offices are currently handing out personal protective equipment (PPE). Please check your email for more information on how to receive PPE or submit a support ticket.
If you are unable to pick up a mask or you have already purchased your own, we will reimburse up to $50 of personal protective equipment, i.e. masks, gloves, or cleaning supplies. Supplies must have been purchased after March 10th, you must have a valid receipt from a store or merchant (hand-written receipts will not be accepted), and you must have completed trips with Veyo during that time. To be eligible for a reimbursement, please email your receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org. All reimbursements are subject to review and approval and may take up to 14 days to post to your account.