As displayed in the Veyo app, when you click the ‘Cancel Trip’ button in the top right corner of a trip, you will see additional sub-reasons under the main cancellation reasons. Be sure to select the most appropriate cancellation reason for your trip. The explanation of each Cancellation Reason and Sub-Reason are outlined below:
Member No Show (Note: For all Member No Show reasons, you are required to drive to the location, attempt to contact the member, and wait 5 minutes beyond the pickup time (10 minutes in Connecticut and Wisconsin).)
- Unable to contact member when I got on-site
- Used when you are unable to contact the member at their location and you have attempted to call and knock on their door.
- Member’s phone is not in service or voicemail box full
- Used when the phone number gives you an error message or goes straight to voicemail and you cannot contact the member.
- Couldn’t find the member’s location
- Used when you cannot find the member and you are at the member’s pick-up location.
- Member cancelled on-site
- Used when you arrive and the member tells you they’d like to cancel the trip.
- I contacted member before arriving on-site and they cancelled
- Used when the member cancels when you call them on your way to the pickup location.
- Member says they cancelled in advance
- Used when you contact the member and they tell you they’ve already cancelled the trip.
- Member believes they’ll miss appointment time
- Used when the member wants to cancel the trip because they don’t believe they’ll be able to make the appointment.
- Member got other transportation
- Used when you call or arrive and the member already found another transportation option.
- Member cancelled due to weather
- Used when the member doesn’t want to take the trip because of weather.
- Invalid address
- Used when the trip information is incorrect e.g. the house number is wrong.
- Member no longer lives here
- Used when you arrive and the member doesn’t live at the address anymore.
- Office location no longer here
- Used when the healthcare facility is no longer at the address.
- Pick-up time was too early
- Used when the pick-up time was too early and the member doesn’t want to take the trip.
- Member is deceased
- Used when the member has passed away.
- Address is missing apartment, door and/or building number
- Used when part of the address is missing and you were unable to find the member.
- Member has additional passengers that aren’t notated on the trip
- Used when the member is trying to bring additional passengers with them. Please note that you should advise the member to contact Veyo to rebook their trip.
- Member is too unwell to travel
- Used when the member does not feel well due to COVID-19 symptoms and wants to cancel their trip.
- Member refused to wear face mask and its mandated in my city
- Used when the member refuses to wear a face mask and their refusal goes against a city/state mandate that requires a mask. Please note: Abuse of this option is against Veyo’s policies.
- Member is traveling to a COVID-19 testing center
- Used when you pick up a member and they tell you they are going to a COVID-19 testing facility. Please note: Abuse of this option is against Veyo’s policies.
- Facility is closed
- Used when the facility location is closed for COVID-19 reasons.
Driver or Member Safety
- Accident or vehicle breakdown before pick-up
- Used when you have an accident or vehicle issue before you pick up the member and you won’t be able to pick the member up.
- Accident or vehicle breakdown after pick-up
- Used when you have an accident or vehicle issue after you pick up the member and the member is in your vehicle. Please note: You must call the Veyo Driver Support line to formally report the incident.
- Severe weather and unsafe road conditions
- Used only in the case of severe weather and road closures.
- Member was aggressive or threatening
- Used when you feel threatened or in danger. Please call the Veyo Driver Support line to formally report an incident with the member.
Issue with Member’s Equipment
- Member could not provide car seat for child
- Used if the member is trying to transport a child without a carseat. Please note: Transporting a child without a car seat may result in the suspension of your account.
- Member’s wheelchair won’t fit in the vehicle
- Used when a member’s wheelchair will not physically fit in the vehicle. Please advise the member to contact Veyo to rebook their trip.
- Member’s personal items won’t fit in the vehicle
- Used when the member’s personal items will not physically fit in the vehicle. Please advise the member to contact Veyo to rebook their trip.